Trond-Eirik is rambling on about stuff

General stuff about system architecture and development

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

There is not enough time

In the last couple of months I have done some attempt to stay on top of stuff and get new inputs from sources as IT-related newspapers, blogs, MSDN and reading some books.

I really wonder if I’m a totally slow reader, using way to little time on stuff or what. It’s just so much stuff out there that I should have loved to read, understood, tested and commented upon. However, there is really-really not time in my life to keep on track with all of it.

And that’s even if I’m just sleeping 5 hours a night and drop all social life.

Maybe that also some part of the problem, I’m actually trying to see my two children (and my wife) a couple of hours every day instead of sit down in my office and staring into my computer screen. And yes, it was that damn thing called “work”. What was that again? Ah, yeah. That was the reason for why I wanted to stay on top of stuff. And to get the basic stuff there done takes of course 8-12 hours a day…

I see that my RSS feed on “Recent Blog Postings (MS Architecture)” currently has 249 unread posts, and I’m pretty sure that at least 80 of those are really interesting stuff!

But hey, after one week away from the computer I’m actually up to date on several of the other RSS feed’s I’m monitoring…

I think I’ll get some more jogging/swimming/sporting/mounting walking under my feet the next couple of months and start studying speed reading or something like that J

 

For everyone out there contributing with all this great blogs and discussion/stuff, thanks!
Yes, I really mean it. There is so much great reading material out that there is right to the core of important issues that it’s really, really cool! If there was only some more time… What about introduction 48 hours days?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home